Frequent Questions

My facility submitted a Pre-Manufacturing Notice (PMN) and filed the Notice of Commencement (NOC). How do I receive an accession number?

To receive an accession number, please contact EPA with a written request, on company letterhead, with your facility's PMN and NOC information (PMN number and date NOC was filed). If you are not the original PMN submitter, documentation showing that your company is the current legal owner of the PMN substance will also be required. Please send this to our Document Control Officer/Confidential Business Information Center:

U.S. Mail:

Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
Document Control Office (7407M)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20460


Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
Confidential Business Information Center (CBIC)
EPA East Building, Room 6428
1201 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004-3302

Have more questions? Submit a request